- Severe Weather Warnings: The Met Office has issued amber and yellow warnings across the UK due to Storm Isha. Gusts of up to 80 mph are affecting coastal areas, with inland areas also experiencing strong winds.
- Power Outages: A substantial number of homes, particularly in Northern England, are currently without power. The restoration efforts are being hindered by the severe weather conditions, prolonging the outages.
reservoir logs' Response:
- Ensuring Timely Delivery: Recognizing the increased need for firewood, reservoir logs is currently ensuring that most orders are delivered within 1-2 working days. This rapid response is crucial in providing a dependable energy source during power outages.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Amidst these challenging weather conditions, reservoir logs remains committed to meeting customer needs. The team understands the importance of reliable firewood supplies and is working hard to fulfil orders promptly.
- Adapting to Challenges: The ability of reservoir logs to maintain its delivery schedule despite the ongoing storm is our priority and we are focused on operational adaptability and preparedness.
In the face of the ongoing challenges posed by Storm Isha, reservoir logs is committed to supporting the community. By ensuring efficient service and timely deliveries, we hope to help provide some stability and comfort during these turbulent times.
- Travel Disruptions: Travel across the UK is severely impacted. Rail, air, and road transport systems are facing major disruptions, including closures and cancellations.
- Risk of Tornadoes: There's an ongoing risk of tornadoes in some parts of the UK, adding to the severity of the storm. This unusual risk further complicates the situation.
- Flooding Concerns: Heavy rainfall is raising concerns about flooding, especially in northern regions. This, combined with high winds, poses risks to homes and infrastructure.
Purchasing kiln-dried firewood from reservoir logs can help mitigate some of the impacts of Storm Isha in several ways:
- Reliability During Power Outages: With the widespread power outages caused by Storm Isha, having a stockpile of kiln-dried firewood ensures a reliable source of heat and energy. This is especially critical in situations where electric heating options are not available due to power disruptions.
- Efficient Burning: Kiln-dried firewood, like that from reservoir logs, burns more efficiently than untreated wood. This means it generates more heat and lasts longer, which is essential during prolonged periods of bad weather when it might be challenging to replenish supplies.
- Reduced Smoke and Creosote: Kiln drying reduces the moisture content in the wood, which in turn reduces the amount of smoke and creosote that burning wood produces. This is particularly beneficial during storms when ventilation might be compromised due to closed windows and doors.
- Ready to Use: Kiln-dried firewood is ready to burn immediately upon delivery. This convenience is crucial during emergencies like Storm Isha, where immediate access to a heat source is necessary and there’s little time for preparing or drying out wood.
- Environmental Benefits: Using kiln-dried wood from sustainable sources, like reservoir logs, also aligns with environmentally responsible practices. This is particularly important in the context of severe weather events, which are increasingly linked to climate change.
A supply of kiln-dried firewood from reservoir logs can be a practical and environmentally conscious way to stay warm and safe during the challenges posed by storms like Isha.